Looking for a Jumbo Mortgage Loan in Florida?
We create personalized mortgage solutions for our clients at the industry’s best pricing. If you’re purchasing or refinancing a home anywhere in the state of Florida, we’ll help guide you through the process and find the loan that best fits your needs.
Florida’s Best Jumbo Mortgage Rates
At Streamline Mortgage Solutions, we’re the mortgage experts that will help you get the funds you need to buy your dream home at the lowest rates possible. We were recently ranked among the top two percent of mortgage professionals in Central Florida, as recognized by Orlando Magazine.
What makes us a top-rated Mortgage Lender?
- Low Rates – We’ll get you the industry’s best prices to save you money.
- Over 1,500 Loans Closed – We are experienced and knowledgeable.
- No Application Fees – We won’t charge you application fees.
- The Streamline Process – We’ll help you through every step of the process from pre-approval to closing.
What is a Jumbo Loan?
Jumbo loans are mortgage loans for amounts larger than $484,350 as of 2019. These loans exceed the maximum loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), also known as conforming loan limits. One notable exception in Florida is Monroe County, where the limit is increased to $529,000 due to higher property values.
Is a Jumbo Loan for You?
Unlike conventional loans, jumbo loans allow for the financing of more expensive properties at higher loan amounts. Rather than having to make a large down payment to keep your loan balance below the conforming loan limit, a jumbo loan allows you to have some flexibility.
Types of Jumbo Loans:
- Conventional Non-Conforming Jumbo Loans — Mortgage loans that exceed county loan limits of $484,350 or up to $726,525 in specific high-cost counties. There are no maximum loan amounts, but lenders and investors set their own limits based on their business needs.
- FHA Jumbo Loans — Mortgage loans that exceed FHA established county loan limits and are endorsed or insured by the FHA.
Jumbo Loan Requirements
|Jumbo Loan Requirements||Income vs. Debt||Minimum income requirements suggest a debt-to-income ratio of ≤43% with specific exceptions available at lender discretion.|
|Assets and Reserves||Assets for downpayment or closing costs must come from an eligible source account. Reserve requirements are determined by individual lender guidelines; typically between 6 and 18 months|
|Loan-to-Value or Equity Stake||Property value determined through independent appraisal or automated valuation system. Multiple valuations may be required to accurately establish value. Cash-out refinance to 80% loan-to-value. Purchase with ≥5% down payment.|
|Credit Scores||Minimum 680 FICO score. Waiting periods for derogatory credit events like bankruptcy, short sale, or foreclosure.|
|Down Payment||5% minimum for certain loan products; 20% minimum to avoid Borrower Paid Mortgage Insurance (BPMI) — not always a requirement like with conventional loans. As much as 25% minimum for best-case pricing, investment properties, and portfolio loans.|